Sunday, March 14, 2010

Quotable Sunday: Candles!



Today, my friend and Party Lite consultant Morgan Carroll is coming over to throw a candle party at my house. In honor of this, I looked for some candle quotes for my fellow candle lovers. I found some really nice ones, as candles are not only lovely in and of themselves, but also make a lovely metaphor.

A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle.
--James Keller

Burn not thy fingers to snuff another man's candle.
--James Howell

Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.
--William Arthur Ward

How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
--William Shakespeare

It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness.
--Eleanor Roosevelt

I think these are all great, and I'm having trouble choosing a favorite this week. Which do you think is most uplifting?

2 comments:

  1. These are lovely! I particularly like these two: Curiosity is the wick in the candle of learning.
    --William Arthur Ward

    How far that little candle throws its beams! So shines a good deed in a naughty world.
    --William Shakespeare

    Have a wonderful time today :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quotes! I like the second one the best! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete