Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Table for Seven at Olde World

Okay, so I'm a little behind. My in-laws were in town this weekend to meet our newest addition, so I wasn't online much. It was actually Thursday night that we went to Olde World Restaurant here in North Port. We had suggested three local, non-chain places to go, and this is the one the in-laws picked.

We had a table that consisted of three doubles, with our daughter on the end, since she's the thinnest. The baby sat in his car seat on a chair. Our daughter had an order of potato skins for her meal, and also ordered a mango smoothie. Our older son ordered spaghetti and Sprite, but also stole some of his sister's smoothie. Both kids did pretty well with their meals. Mom-in-law had a steak sandwich, and Dad-in-law had a fish sandwich.

Hubby and I split an order of steak fajitas for two, which were delicious. The meat was very well seasoned and cooked with onions and beautiful green and red peppers. The other sides included cheese, pico de gallo, lettuce, and sour cream. To be honest, I'm not a veggie person, and my fajitas had just meat, lettuce, cheese, and sour cream. I would have liked some black beans, but everything was good, so I wasn't complaining.

I got through two fajitas before the baby woke up hungry. We weren't well situated for nursing, since our table was right next to the entrance, so I headed out to the van. This is when I discovered that we had parked right in front of the outside smoking area for the lounge. I was a little creeped out by the men walking around several feet away from me. We'll remember this for next time and park over in the second row. I was just finishing up with the baby when the rest of the family came out with to-go containers, so that was pretty much it for that meal, as far as I was concerned. Everyone said they enjoyed their meal, and overall it was a good experience at one of our local favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment