Sunday, December 27, 2009

A Festivus Miracle!

Yesterday, I was planning on being productive and getting things back in order following our fabulous trip to Orlando with my parents, my brother, and his wife. Instead, we decided to drive up to Sarasota to the Parkway 8 and watch cheap movies.

The first thing we did when we hit Sarasota was stop at Chick Fil A for lunch. It was unbelievably crowded for 2 pm, but the staff was quick and courteous as usual. We sat at two tables next to each other, with Mom, Dad, my brother and his wife at one, and Hubby, Daughter and I at the other. Our older son was alseep, and Mom was holding him, while Hubby and I traded the baby back and forth as we ate. Luckily for me, both those delicious nuggets and the waffle fries are easy to eat with one hand.

After lunch, we stopped by Barnes & Noble, since we had a couple hours to kill before our movie started. Here is where my Festivus miracle happened. I had just spent five days carrying around the baby in his Moby wrap while Hubby carried a backpack with everything else. Yesterday was my first day carrying a purse again, and I somehow managed to leave the bookstore without my purse. You would think a giant, bright green bag that doubles as a diaper bag would be hard to miss, but apparently not. We didn't get very far before I realized I'd left my purse next to the train table, so I quickly called B&N to see if it was still there. Luckily, it was, and all my cards, etc. were still inside.

After this minor crisis, we headed to the theater to catch Where the Wild Things Are. I liked the movie, but it really didn't hold the interest of the three-year-old, who had been hoping to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. He was able to sit mostly quietly through the movie however, except for when he needed a potty break. This was actually the best he's ever done at a movie while awake, due mostly to the fact that we are still threatening him with the "naughty list" when he acts up. He doesn't know how long we have til next Christmas, and what he doesn't know won't hurt him, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment